R6 switching to minimum aperture after lens change

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Luddify
Luddify Regular Member • Posts: 101
R6 switching to minimum aperture after lens change

I have the lens control ring set to aperture and recently changed it to not require a shutter half-press to activate. Now I notice when I change lens it always switches the new lens to its minimum aperture. I thought it was a matter of my bumping the ring when changing lenses but have been careful to not touch the ring and it still switches. Any ideas? I've missed some shots already thinking that the aperture set in the Custom mode would stick but instead end up with 1/22 or even 1/32 (depending on the lens). I'm not entirely sure this is linked to the change in the control ring but started happening about the same time. I've been careful to make sure power is off during lens switches and this seems to happen with all my RF lenses.

Luddify's gear list:Luddify's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS R6 Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM +4 more
Ricoh Caplio R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow