I love my D850 - I couldn't have gotten this with my Z

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
FuhTeng
OP FuhTeng Senior Member • Posts: 1,292
Re: I love my D850 - I couldn't have gotten this with my Z

dave gaines wrote:

That's a fine image. Focus seems perfect too.

I have 13 FX lenses, A D800E and D850, and I don't see myself switching to mirrorless anytime soon.

Thank you. Yes, I used my tool of AF On + Group AF I have assigned to PV and just plastered it on the owl's face. Perfect! But why can't I do that on my Z6?

13 FX lenses? Are they all AF-S? If so the FTZ has been perfect for me even with Sigma and Tamron lenses. I've been pleased by my few Z-mount lenses and they're by all accounts better to way better than their F-mount ancestors. Is the difference significant? Depends on the lens and your tastes. I loved my 24-70 f/4, the wonderful kit lens, on my Z6 but I sold it for the vastly improved focal length flexibility of the 24-200 which apparently puts the 28-300 to shame.

-- hide signature --

"Our young men should spend more time considering the composition and merit of their images, and less time with magnifying glasses counting how many bricks and shingles they can resolve." - from a Paris newspaper article on Daguerrotype photography, from 1841. (and https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2011/05/1839-and-the-frenzy-that-followed)

FuhTeng's gear list:FuhTeng's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony a6300 Nikon D850 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow