Gear weight - what do you consider too heavy?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
simonsezz Junior Member • Posts: 46
Gear weight - what do you consider too heavy?

So I'm semi-invested in M43 with an "older" EM10 ii and 5 non-pro lenses.  I'm still learning the art of photography but itching for a new body.  The new EM5 iii and EM1 iii have both caught my eyes (along with the pro 12-40 or 12-100) but so as some of the newer full-frame mirrorless bodies namely the Nikon Z5/Z7 and R6 from Canon.

I realize there are pros and cons for both systems but the consensus is that full-frame will (usually) take a "better" picture.

So my question is this:  for regular outings (street/neighborhood strolls, travelling) at what point would you say "My gear is just too heavy, I'd rather just take my phone instead for today"? Is it 1 kg (2.2 lbs), 1.5 kg (3.3 lbs), 2 kg (4.4 lbs)........or you don't really care about weight, you just want the best equipment possible?

Since I've only owned M43 gear with small and light lenses (my kit weighs about 800 g), I'm not sure if I'd be as incline to carry full-frame camera with 1 or 2 lenses with me as often if I decide to purchase heavier equipment.

Thanking you in advance for your feedback.

Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Ricoh Caplio R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow