Is it worth speading the extra money?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ARClark
ARClark Veteran Member • Posts: 4,135
Re: Is it worth speading the extra money?

You're facing the same dilemma that all of us D800/D800E owners faced when the D810 was announced. Was it worth the upgrade? Some of us said yes, and were happy with the decision. Some of us said no, and were happy with the decision. I shoot nature and landscapes and was happy with the upgrade with the incrementally better AF, faster frame rate, usable live view, quieter shutter, better playback mode, and other improvements mentioned above. You seem to be well-informed on the similarities and differences. Time to face the music and decide like the rest of us did, once upon a time.

Alan

PS - to the extent it's a financial issue, just go with the option that gives you peace of mind. You're not closing any doors to future upgrades if you stick with the D800E, and you'll be getting the same high quality images sans the "luxuries" of the D810. And now I've just talked myself into suggesting you keep the D800E since you would also end of up with a useful lens.

ARClark's gear list:ARClark's gear list
Nikon 500mm F5.6E PF Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow