Haida Rear ND Filter Set with Sony FE 12-24/2.8 GM

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Arcimboldo Regular Member • Posts: 460
Haida Rear ND Filter Set with Sony FE 12-24/2.8 GM

Hi all! Does anybody use these filters with this lens? I tried them out yesterday for the first time, and I'm really disappointed with the image quality: After I mounted the special adapter for the GM that comes with the filter set, I tried the lens without and with all four of the filters in the set, one after the other. Whereas the lens without any filter (but with the adapter) shows the same high image quality over the complete frame and focal range as before, with a filter inserted, away from the center towards borders and corners, and in particular towards shorter focal lengths, the image becomes very fuzzy - actually the filter seems to produce some severe field curvature.

Did anybody experience the same problem? I'm pretty sure I didn't make any mistake: The adapter can only be mounted in a single way in the lens, and the same holds true for the filters which can also be inserted into the adapter in one way only. I checked with the video that Haida put on Youtube - everything looks just right.

Arcimboldo's gear list:Arcimboldo's gear list
Sony a7R Sony a7R III Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS +6 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow