Will Nikon ever compete wit Fuji GFX100S?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Michael Firstlight Veteran Member • Posts: 4,081
Will Nikon ever compete wit Fuji GFX100S?

In two days Fujifilm is expected to announce it's successor to its GFX100 camera. My dream would be a competitive offering from Nikon. At the expected $5999 the GFX100S is going to be the image quality king at a high price and within reach of high-end 35mm-format DSLRs. The GFS100 had a few minor flaws that I expect the S version will address, but was otherwise stellar - which is going to make it awfully tempting. I'm a Nikon user for 45 years, and I while I'd not expect to ditch my D850 as the best all-around DSLR to date, adding a GFX100S for it's unbeatable IQ may well be in the cards for me if the new S version is all it is expected to be.  I've posted many times that I think Nikon should have entered the MF DSLR market as others enter and make MF digital more affordable.- I thought maybe the Z series larger lens flange might permit their use on a MF Nikon offering should they decide to enter this emerging segment of the market, but I've been assured many times over by the Nikon community that a MF Nikon offering is pretty much out of the question.

MFL

-- hide signature --

The one thing everyone can agree on is that film photography has its negatives. It even has its positives and internegatives.

Michael Firstlight's gear list:Michael Firstlight's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR +29 more
Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow