Exceptionally good lens

Started 1 month ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PeterT4363 New Member • Posts: 4
Exceptionally good lens

I bought this DA * lens from Pentax for a very competitive price on ebay to use it on my K3-II. The lens had been on my wish list for some time. When I was able to buy it with a bid of € 200.00, I immediately took the opportunity.
Until then I used the Pentax DA 16-85 lens. I was very satisfied with that. But now that I use the DA * 16-50 lens, I can see the difference. The photos are really beautiful. The sharpness and detail reproduction is very high. In the middle from f2.8. The sides from f4.0. The color reproduction is also fantastic. The pictures are brilliant. Vivid, sharp and rich in contrast.
No other standard lens for me than this DA * 16-50. I take the size and weight into the bargain. And to be honest, for me the size in combination with the K3-II is no problem. Not even on long hiking trips. More important is the exceptional robustness.

For that reason I have since sold my DA 16-85.
Every reason to save up now for the DA * 50-135 lens

PeterT4363's gear list:PeterT4363's gear list
Pentax K-3 II Olympus E-M1 II Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +2 more
Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM
Zoom lens • Pentax KAF2 • 21650
Announced: Feb 21, 2007
PeterT4363's score
Average community score
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow