Sadly, It Happened Again

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Stefan BW Senior Member • Posts: 1,462
Re: Sadly, It Happened Again

MYDC wrote:

I think this is not how many times you want to repair it or buy a second hand even a new lens.

This is an issue at Nikon 1 aperture system faulty design. Also, I have Nikon 1 original repair gear part, but I know this part still has an issue on it. So we decide to do something different, that makes the precision metal gear for Nikon 1 aperture gear issue. If we don't do it, we know replace plastic gear still will fault again.

To have the plastic replaced with a precision metal part is a great idea. I'll definitely consider to send my more valuable lenses to Taiwan, once they suffer from the stuck aperture fault. Fortunately so far I've been lucky.

I remain a happy customer, using the CX70-300 repaired by you almost daily. By now it must have crossed 2 million clicks. - Obviously we only know the clicks of the cameras, not of lenses. But with my five N1 cameras I have used the CX70-300 almost exclusively, more than 98% of my practice.

Your continued repair of the quality N1 system as an independent store in Taiwan is much appreciated. This German will definitely contact you again, but I hope not too soon.

Stefan BW's gear list:Stefan BW's gear list
Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow