Sample gallery from my Z24-70 F/4 S, my new favorite walk around lens!

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Qbalion
Qbalion Contributing Member • Posts: 568
Re: No...

Brueghel wrote:

Thank you very much for your post.

If I understand you right, the 24-70 F4 S is kind of an overkill on the Z50. Not so on the sensors of its larger cousins (at least the Z7) in the unlikely case one uses a DX lens on the Z7

I love the 16-80 but it is not light ans small. If you add the FTZ the result is kind of strange (one of the reasons I bought this camera was its size, but I lose this advantage quickly )))

I share your opinion about the lost weight/size advantage of Z50 when using f-lens with FTZ. Nevertheless, I decided to go for an even bulkier lens - Sigma 17-50 f/2.8. I just assumed I will use such a heavy combo mostly indoors/studio with lower light and without the disadvantage of carrying it that much. When outdoors I try to leave it at home and using just 2 kit lenses + sometimes my Z 50mm prime.

I like such an alternative more than just one medium-size lens with APS-C body - for example Fuji + 18-55 which is still too big to put into the pocket.

Still I am waiting for Nikon or some 3rd party to release a nice native Z-mount universal zoom and UWA zoom. With primes, there is already compact 28mm and 40mm on the Nikkor Z roadmap. I'd like to get rid of FTZ very much but I can wait a year or so:-)

Qbalion's gear list:Qbalion's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon Z50 Nikon 10-20mm F4.5-5.6 VR Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow