Purple and Green Fringing Question

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Platographer Regular Member • Posts: 422
Purple and Green Fringing Question

The photo below is the full resolution OOC jpeg of one exposure from a series of five bracketed 2 EV apart. I took this with my Sony A7R iv and Tamron 28-200mm f/2.8-5.6. There is considerable purple fringing on the edges of the wood structures and other places on the sides of the photo. Is that normal? It's like purple city. Reviews of this lens say it controls purple fringing well.

Also, below that photo is a jpeg I exported from Aurora HDR using several of the bracketed photos. I did not select the option to remove chromatic aberration for this version, but I know that is able to remove some of the fringing. As you can see on the sides of the photo, the purple fringing on the right of the wood posts is more pronounced and there is green fringing on the left of the wood posts. How did that get there? I can't see it in the photos from which the HDR was made. I noticed green fringing in other Aurora exports that doesn't seem to be in the original photos.

OOC jpeg from bracketed series. Notice the purple fringing on the wood posts and elsewhere on the sides of the photo.

Aurora HDR Export. Notice the well-defined and pronounced purple and green fringing that outlines the wood posts on the sides of the photo. The green fringing is not in any of the component shots.

Sony a7R IV Tamron 28-200mm F2.8-5.6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow