About the temptations of the grass on the other side of the street

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
deednets Forum Pro • Posts: 11,262
About the temptations of the grass on the other side of the street

Always just this tad greener, right?

I am currently looking at the A7C, would possibly pair it with the Sigma 35/2 Contemporary, you know the one with the aperture ring?? Thought I would look into creating pet books, maybe high gloss 12x12 (30x30cm) on a more regular basis as it is fun as well as a wee source of income that - if I was lucky - might pay for the gear plus some pocket money on the side.

I have a day job.

So before I looked a little more seriously into the SONY, I thought I might do a little test run using the X-Pro3. The one with the disaster screen that works really like a charm when taking images at floor level! I am sure I must have mentioned this before, but I love it! Used the 23/1.4 and will post images straight out of camera, but reduced in size, no levels, no contrast, no colour, no extra sharpness

Now regarding this little exercise: animals can be very fast. Like sports photography. But hardly any of those photos taken at the high velocity state of those animals in question were the shots particularly good, except for a few and when they are good they are often great! My "model" here was sitting rather still so there was no real challenge, except: I bent down within a split second and took the shot as little Eski thinks that whenever I bend down there is either food or a cuddle or even a little game coming his way. That's where the speed challenge is!

I like the colours from the X-Pro3 (same as all those Fuji cameras of course, so all great!)

Any thoughts regarding the SONY? Animal eye af and all?

Thanks for looking!

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Sony RX1R II Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow