Thinking about upgrading to the A77 ii from the A77, but...

Started Jan 25, 2021 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rambler358
Rambler358 Senior Member • Posts: 1,551
Thinking about upgrading to the A77 ii from the A77, but...

I currently have the A77 with some nice lenses (16-50 kit lens and 70-300G as my mains), but I've been thinking about upgrading to the A77 ii for the better AF performance and JPG improvements, but would miss the GPS.

But I'm also in a dilemma about just selling my Sony gear and lenses and getting the Sony RX10 IV bridge camera for the portability, and do just about everything factor. The thing that's holding me back is the image quality being not quite as good. I'm getting older, and don't want to have to lug around a heavy bag of lenses. The RX10 IV has some compelling reasons to get it, yet I know my current gear is very good, and upgrading to the A77 ii would improve that some.

Maybe I'm just looking for what others have done in my situation.  Unfortunately, I can't afford to have both otherwise it'd pretty much be a no-brainer just to also get the RX10.

But back to my topic question - I like shooting wildlife, BIF, events, air shows and family stuff.  Would the A77 ii's better AF help in those situations?

-- hide signature --

Ron
Torrance, CA

Rambler358's gear list:Rambler358's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony a77 II Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +2 more
Sony a77 II Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX10 IV Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow