Does 42.5mm 1.2 pana leica lens hood still leak glue?

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
Ahgre
OP Ahgre Forum Member • Posts: 77
Re: Does 42.5mm 1.2 pana leica lens hood still leak glue?

brentbrent wrote:

I bought mine new (gray market) in April of 2017. No glue issue at all over the past four years. I always store the lens with the hood on in reversed position. I live in a dry climate. I probably haven't done many (any?) extended shoots with the hood mounted on a really hot sunny day.

There is a liner strip running in the middle of the tightening ring, and it feels like it may be made of a dense vinyl. I'm guessing it is attached to the tightening ring with some adhesive. Perhaps Panasonic switched to a different adhesive or to less adhesive, or perhaps I've just been lucky. Not only has no adhesive gotten on my lens from storing the hood in the reversed position, but I can't see any evidence of adhesive leaking out at the edges of that liner strip.

Thats good to know, I have never owned one but atleast from looking at the pics the inner strip? vinyl? does not appear any different to the ones who reported glue issue.

Like you said maybe they have revised to a better adhesive but it is bit tricky to know as their hasnt been any clear conclusion. My Olympus 75mm is the same mecanism but I didnt have any issues with both genuine, JJC hoods so far.

Ahgre's gear list:Ahgre's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Olympus E-M1 II Canon EOS R6 +20 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow