E-M1 Mark II: residual software issues ?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
JDLaing50 Senior Member • Posts: 2,351
Re: E-M1 Mark II: residual software issues ?

Messier Object wrote:

I bought the Mark II new in Dec 2016 and have installed each new FW release.

But still on occasion the camera suffers a weird problem where it becomes unresponsive to certain control buttons.

Thus time it was the Menu button . . .

A few days ago, with the camera powered up and functioning normally I switched from C2 to M mode using the main control dial and then immediately pressed the Menu button as I was trying to compare a setting in C2 with what the camera had in M.

[maybe I pressed Menu before the camera had effected its internal mode switch]

But the camera refused to respond to the Menu button.

The Super Control Panel was displayed on the rear screen and the EVF eye detect switch was functioning normally. The SCP was working and I could make changes to settings.

With the rear screen open and SCP displayed the Menu button should bring the Menu to the rear screen, but this didn’t work. Closing the rear screen and using the EVF still no Menu !

The camera appeared to be otherwise fully functional, but no menu.

I needed to switch the camera OFF/ON to get the Menu button to work.

I’ve only seen this kind of problem a couple of times in the last few years, and while Olympus was still issuing FW updates for the Mark 2 I wasn’t really concerned - I figured that the bug would eventually be removed.

QUESTION: has anyone else experienced similar issues with their E-M1 II ?

Peter

Try turning off the SCP view and then pressing the menu.

JDLaing50's gear list:JDLaing50's gear list
Sony RX1R II Olympus PEN-F Leica M-P (Typ 240) Panasonic Lumix DC-S1R Voigtlander 50mm F1.5 Nokton +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow