Content Fill (Photoshop MacOS)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Kaj E Veteran Member • Posts: 9,845
Re: Content Fill (Photoshop MacOS)

maggiemole wrote:

I always have problems filling in the new space created by distorting an image. It has been so for several versions of PS and I should have asked the forum about it earlier. I select the new space with the magic wand, go to Edit/Fill/Content Aware, choosing the Normal blend. The newly coloured space is surrounded by a dark dashed line which I can remove by cloning, in theory. The new colour is sort of OK, but in the case of plain blue sky it is a distinctly different shade, and cloning does not solve the problem.

I've tried searching Google for help but they never mention this problem, which hints that I am doing (or not doing) something really stupid. Please, why is this happening? Even the dashed line seems that it should not be there. Thanks!

Painting the empty spaces after a tran form with the spot healing brush works quite well (if you have the currrent version of PS).

-- hide signature --

Kind regards
Kaj
http://www.pbase.com/kaj_e
WSSA member #13
It's about time we started to take photography seriously and treat it as a hobby.- Elliott Erwitt

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow