Some beginner questions

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
andreiz Junior Member • Posts: 25
Some beginner questions

I am testing my Pro-300 and wondering what the best practices are for this family of printers. Specifically, what rendering intent should I be using, perceptual or relative? Should I use black point compensation? Any other set-and-forget options? Will the paper type I select in the PSP or Print & Layout or Photoshop override what the printer is currently set to?

Secondly, I made a few test prints with various combinations of rendering intent and BPC on/off. They don't differ much for this particular photo, but the sky color in them is distinctly different (though not enormously so) from what my monitor is displaying (see the shot of the photo next to the monitor below, hopefully it shows the difference). I calibrated my monitor with i1 Display Pro using DisplayCAL and D65/90cdm2/gamma 2.2 settings and used ICC profile for Canon Pro Luster paper that I used.

My question is, can do I anything about this or just gonna have to live with such differences?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow