How Much Did Your D810 Shutter Repair Cost?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Portion Control Regular Member • Posts: 102
How Much Did Your D810 Shutter Repair Cost?

I've got one with 160K (out of a rated 200K) clicks and its seen increased usage lately. Considering possible future developments...

1. Shutter dies in the next 50K actuations
  2. Shutter gives me another 100K actuations (doubt it would be more than that)
  3. It gets to 200K and I send it in to Nikon for proactive shutter replacement (assuming that would be something they'd do for a mechanism that's past its rated lifespan) 

I contacted Nikon but they were coy about the cost of shutter replacement. Said to check the automated estimate or send it in. Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see an estimate for shutter failure. Closest I could find was "exposure issue" - but that could be shutter or aperture control mechanism, among others.

So if you've had Nikon replace your D810's shutter, if you'd be so kind, could you share when and how much it cost? Any other work that you found needed to be done at the time of service? Just trying to get an estimate so I can budget for what seems like an inevitable expense.

(I'd just as soon keep the D810 as long as the cost of repair is reasonable. 36MP is still more than the average FF resolution, and the DR at 64 ISO is the main thing I want.)

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow