My binoculars are making me want to get back into photography...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
axman53 New Member • Posts: 12
My binoculars are making me want to get back into photography...

I was doing some birding the other day looking through my Eagle Optics 8x42 Shrike glasses and thought to myself, Gee, if only I could capture what I'm seeing through these glasses in a digital image, that would almost be enough to get me to buy some pro gear and get me shooting again. Those glasses are really considered just entry level, but the images are spectacular. I shot SLRs for years going back to the days of Kodachrome 64. Was always happy with my images. Eventually I went digital but could only afford crop frame bodies (Canon was my choice and the Canon 50D was my last body). But I never really was happy with the crispness, snap or resolution of the images. Yes, I had some decent lenses, shot with a tripod, shot raw and edited in Lightroom, all of that. But never saw anything as good as what I see when looking through these binoculars. So, is going full frame the answer? Will that get me there? What would be your recommendation to capture a digital image that is near as good as what I see when I look through my binocs? Thanks!

Canon EOS 50D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow