A7c

Started 2 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Matthew_Litz New Member • Posts: 1
A7c

I am brand new to the photography and videography world and I'm not a professional photographer by any means and yet here is my take. I've had the A7c for a little while now. My concerns before I purchased the sony A7C were the EVF, the lack of custom buttons and the cost. I gotta tell ya though, I love it. The EVF, I've used it with glasses and eye contacts feels great. The EVF works well in my opinion. The lack of custom buttons. Yes, there should be a front dial for ISO. The ISO button has an extra click to modify the setting and yes one could miss a shot over that button click; however, I feel after learning how to operate the camera, you'll be able to nail the shot in time. The cost. I found a nice bundle online; came with a bag, extra battery. Happy with it.

I went back and forth on should I purchase the a7iii or the a7c, the a6 line and even looked at fujifilm xt4 and xt3 as options and for myself. I studied all I could about these cameras before purchasing for about a month and a half. After that whole study session, I decided on the A7c. I'll say I feel the A7c has its place and its welcomed. Battery life, fantastic! literally, fantastic! IBS for video, if you can have a fair steady hand it works well. The microphone on the camera built in, isn't life changing and yet it gets fair audio. Lens, I am currently just using the kit lens that comes with the Sony A7C, FE 4-5.6/28mm-60mm. Its a nice lens. I've gotten nice shots out of it and am content with this lens before I'll consider adding another one to add to my system. Also I have done most in low-light.

The screen, it folds, twists, barrel rolls and its nice. The camera can double as a webcam using Sonys Imagining Edge software. It has super 35mm crop mode, which allows the user to use Sony's E mount aps-c crops lens on the camera, a more affordable lens alternative, its does limit the megapixels from 24 full frame to 10 megapixels in super crop. The auto focus, great as everyone says it is. Also, I shot in the snow with the camera works well. I did end up covering the camera because the snow storm got pretty bad. And I don't know enough yet about the weather sealing on these cameras to say wether or not the A7C can handle a torrential downpour or a light mist.

Also other things. Shutter speed 1/4000 vs 1/8000. Depends on your application and use case. For me the camera blinks faster than I ever could so I'm good with 1/4000. Not too upset with that. The a7c does do 1/8000 shutter speed (electronic) and yet the concern is rolling shutter. And my take on that is rolling shutter is a limitation and it is most of the time. Nevertheless, I look at it as an opportunity to be creative and take what is seen as a "limitation" as a way to make art that isn't being made. I will say though, I can't wait for mirrorless to go global shutter though. soon enough. soon enough.

A6000 vs a7c. Battery life. thats why I went with the a7c over the a6600 which uses the same battery. My line of thought was for a $500-$600 dollar premium I can get a full frame camera I can grow into and enjoy.

This is my journey. One of the things is this the camera is enjoyable to use. That for me was something I wanted to know, will I keep coming back to the camera and using it or will it become an expensive paper weight. And I keep coming back to the camera. All in all, its about having fun. When I was studying these cameras for a month and a half. I had fun shooting photography on my phone. So wether thats on a "professional camera" or thats with your phone camera. Its about having fun and for me the A7C is fun and, I won't lie it does also work as a great paper weight. Blessings.

Matthew_Litz's gear list:Matthew_Litz's gear list
Sony a7C
Sony a7C
24 megapixels • 3 screen • Full frame sensor
Announced: Sep 15, 2020
Matthew_Litz's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
unrated
Action / sports
unrated
Landscapes / scenery
great
Portraits
great
Low light (without flash)
great
Flash photography (social)
great
Studio / still life
great
= community average
Fujifilm X-T3 Sony a6000 Sony a7C
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow