Newbie question regarding Lightroom Classic.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP bgillies Regular Member • Posts: 243
Re: Newbie question regarding Lightroom Classic.

dj_paige wrote:

bgillies wrote:

I am just beginning using Lightroom Classif on my Windows 10 PC.

I have successfully imported 100 .NEF files. Before I start working on individual files, I want to change all of them to Auto White Balance and Auto Tone Control. Is there a simple way to do this?

I guess it depends on what you mean by "simple way". Here is how I would do it:

1. Select the desired photos (or ALL photos)
  2. Go to the Develop Module and turn on Auto Sync (bottom right of the screen in the Sync button, there is a slider to the left which should be set to the UP position and then the text will change from Sync to Auto Sync)
  3. Make whatever develop change you want, these will be applied to all selected photos
  4. Turn off the Auto Sync by sliding the slider to the DOWN position (don't forget this or edits that are supposed to be for individual photos will be applied to ALL selected photos.

Many thanks. This worked like a charm.

Are there web sites about the use and support of Lightroom that are better than others?

LightroomQueen.com has lots of good stuff including a FREE beginner's e-book, which is FREE and doesn't cost you anything, gratis. Did I mention it is FREE?

I will check it out. FREE works for me.

Bill

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow