Best workflow for Oly M43 images.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rogerstpierre Veteran Member • Posts: 4,708
Best workflow for Oly M43 images.

I have started a quest to determine what workflow works best on my Olympus RAW files. I have another discussion thread going under M43 (see M43 discussion ) with image examples, but thought to seek feedback from this thread also.

For the longest time, my typical workflow has been: Oly Workspace --> TIFF/JPEG --> Denoise AI --> Sharpen AI --> Editing. However having recently acquired ACDSee Ultimate 2021 for its DAM capability, I noticed more details in my images processing the initial RAW out of ACDSee; quite significantly more actually. The down side is that ACDSee does not have lens correction data for my 12-45/4, and currently only Oly Workspace gives me that. I downloaded DxO 4 hoping to get the same level of details as I do with the ACDSee workflow AND lens correction but so far the result has been disappointing (see M43 discussion above for examples) and not better than what I get from Oly Workspace workflow. I am therefore wondering if anyone else has gone through the same quest and willing to share his/her observations. I tried turning off all NR in OlyW and DxO, still can't achieve nearly the same level of details as I do with ACDSee.

-- hide signature --

Roger

rogerstpierre's gear list:rogerstpierre's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 Olympus 12-45mm F4 Pro +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow