X-T200 MiniReview: It exceeded my expectations a lot.

Started Jan 24, 2021 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Photography Raptor
Photography Raptor Regular Member • Posts: 236
X-T200 MiniReview: It exceeded my expectations a lot.

This review is only about photography, I don't do video at all.

I decided buying it because I found an offer in a store consistent in the X-T200 + 15-45mm + vlogging kit for only 499€.

I was originally planning to buy the X-S10 but I wasn't very convinced so I thought thet I should wait for a X-S20 to see if Fuji put the 3 way tilting screen in a camera again. A few day later I found this offer for less than half the price and I pulled the trigger as a temporary camera because I was only losing the IBIS and the grip compared to the X-S10, and given that both share the small EVF, the lack of EFCS and the vlogging screen which was precisely the things I didn't like about the X-S10 it looked like great value.

The camera is super light, the grip is much better than I expected and I like the IQ out of the bayer sensor of this little camera more than the one in my former X-H1. I was also quite surprised by the IQ at ISO 3200 and 6400 and I'm coming from a Nikon Z6.

Also the screen looks gorgeous. I like it to be 16:9 because indications don't get that much in the way for 3:2 photos. Talking about the screen, I also like the customization and menu system. Even if this camera is aimed to unexperienced users I think it has more than enough room to have absolutely everything in a max distance of 3 clicks or touches if you spend a little time setting it up.

The only meh thing about the X-T200 is the autofocus, but it isn't that bad either.

I think I'm going to keep this camera for longer than I first intended. It is a shame that this camera was so overlooked that Fuji kinda discontinued so soon. Crazy good for the money and crazy lightweighted.

P.S. The XC 15-45mm is also another gem I didn't expected to like that much. At 15-18mm range I take landscapes as good as in my former X-H1 + 16-55mm f/2.8.

Photography Raptor's gear list:Photography Raptor's gear list
Fujifilm X-S10 Fujifilm 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 II Fujifilm 50-230mm II Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +1 more
Fujifilm X-T200
24 megapixels • 3.5 screen • APS-C sensor
Announced: Jan 23, 2020
Photography Raptor's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
unrated
Action / sports
unrated
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
great
Low light (without flash)
good
Flash photography (social)
unrated
Studio / still life
great
= community average
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T200 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow