Snowy in Flight with Z 7+500PF+1.4TC

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Pietro13 Regular Member • Posts: 242
Snowy in Flight with Z 7+500PF+1.4TC

I was lucky enough to find our local snowy owl right before sunset.  It was great because I was the only one there.  Within a few minutes the snowy starts hunting, which is great but I still had my 1.4TC on my lens.  As the action is unfolding I'm so worried that the Z 7 is not going to be able to keep up with the teleconverter still on.  On top of that there is a 20mph wind working against me, probably why I was the only one at the beach.  The Z 7 and the 500PF were amazing with the teleconverter.  I missed only a  handful of shots out of about 30.  I feel the Z 7 works better with the teleconverter at F8 then my DSLR's.  My D810 can only take stationary shots and the D500 is usable for BIF, but I think the Z 7 is better.  Here are some pictures.

These were all taken in AF-C wide area small and VR set to normal, which helped with the wind.

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Nikon D500 Nikon D810 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow