Snowy landscapes and trees

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
jkjond
OP jkjond Forum Pro • Posts: 10,154
Thanks for all your comments and thumbs

Thanks for all the comments, much appreciated. The popularity of the back lit tree, the easiest of all the shots to take and process - as always, there's no beating being in the right place at the right time. Just enough mist to give the atmosphere, it was clear on the LCD this one worked well.

@Lan - I hope you got your covering and got out to enjoy it. Ours is still here, no serious photography today but some fun on the sledge

@WhiskeyBB... Thanks for the extra like for the third. The colour is such an important aspect of that one.

The two of the farm. I don't expect those to be popular, the first is one of those indulgent shots which means more to me than it ever will to anyone else. It reminds me a bit of a fave Bill Brandt shot of a row of houses in Halifax with no windows to the fronts, and also (obscurely) of a Tony Ray-Jones shot of a terrace house in Wales where the resident had thoughtfully cleared the snow off the path to the entire frontage of his house but nobody else in the terrace had done theirs.

The final one of the farm, it is worth pointing out how the mist has filled Morecambe Bay in all but the top left corner. You can see the sun reflecting off the water just below the white cloud. Slightly surreal. It is the only shot in this batch were I'd have liked to have had my Olly with me as I have an effective 300mm reach with that - one of those scenes that was magnificent to view but tricky to find an ideal vantage point - the extra reach would have given me more options.

-- hide signature --

Wedding and fine art photographer https://johnleechstudio.smugmug.com
You are welcome to reprocess and repost my pics on DPR.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow