Using RAW Images in Apple's Photos Software

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Andy Hewitt Veteran Member • Posts: 4,364
Re: Using RAW Images in Apple's Photos Software

grcolts wrote:

I have mainly used jpegs when using Apple Photos software and have not had any problems. However, I decided to upload some RAW files to see how they worked with Photos. Even though my camera is listed with Apple OS the program did not do well with my RAWS. It became sluggish and would eventually lock up when trying to process a RAW file. I finally gave up. Who else has experienced this when trying to process RAW files in Photos?

Has been fine here with various camera Raws, but this is the recommended Raw editor by many:

https://www.gentlemencoders.com/about/

It works seamlessly as an extension to Photos, both on desktop and mobile devices.

Also have a look at Pixelmator, powerful, but not as seamless in integration as Raw Power. And Affinity Photo, very powerful indeed, although more akin to Photoshop, it needs some workarounds to work with Photos, and creates huge files if you try to work non-destructive.

-- hide signature --

Andy H

Andy Hewitt's gear list:Andy Hewitt's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow