Focusable LCD?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
D Cox Forum Pro • Posts: 28,261
Re: Focusable LCD?

John Sheehy wrote:

Clickalot wrote:

Has anyone ever heard of such? I suppose it would have to be a moveable flat lens (fresnel?) the same size as the LCD.

I'd love to use my LCD for indoor pix but without 3X readers it's just moosh to me so I rely exclusively on my diopter-adjustable EVF.

I despise the inevitable Crisco applique to which LCDs are subject but they're easier to clean than EVF eyepieces.

Any magnification device like a Fresnel that sits on the LCD can not possibly show you the entire frame; it can only magnify a small part of the LCD, and not with any kind of visual quality.

What you probably want is a loupe device that attaches to the LCD, and magnifies the entire frame. They can be stuck-on or held in place by a bracket. They may interfere with access with camera buttons that are very close to the LCD.

The loupes with cheap plastic lenses are useless. The Hoodman loupe has a proper glass lens with a diopter adjustment, and has a good reputation. It costs much more than the cheap plastic toys.

I use a loupe on one of my Sigma cameras, This one is made by Sigma and like the Hoodman has a proper glass lens. The view is spectacularly good.

Don Cox

D Cox's gear list:D Cox's gear list
Sigma fp
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow