Sony 45RM Flash TTL Issue on A7iiii

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
lehill
lehill Veteran Member • Posts: 6,019
Re: Sony 45RM Flash TTL Issue on A7iiii

Praveen Dhanabalan wrote:

Hello all,

My flash suddenly stopped working in TTL mode. I always use it in TTL mode, the pictures started turning up dark even though the flash is firing but the picture is dark supposedly the flash is not talking back to the camera I guess.

When I switch to manual mode and stick to 1/128 or 1/64, the flash is still firing at full power. I tried to reset the flash and the camera but no use. I use a sony a7iii.

Took to the service center and tried with a different camera to isolate the issue to the flash and the same thing happened, so it looks the flash is the issue.

Unfortunately my warranty ended just a week back. I do not want to pay the service fee and any parts replacement because I hardly used this flash in the past or could I just buy the Godox TT685S instead of paying the service fee to get it repaired.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

That's a good plan. Lots of people use them here so it's easier to get help if you have questions. It doesn't sound like you would miss the video/focus assist lamp on the 45RM.

Too bad about the warranty. Won't Sony cover the repair as a courtesy gesture?

-- hide signature --

Lance H

lehill's gear list:lehill's gear list
Sony a7 II Sony a99 II Sony a7R IV Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +26 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow