I was downtown taking a new-to-me used D810 on a test drive

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
toomanycanons Forum Pro • Posts: 13,404
I was downtown taking a new-to-me used D810 on a test drive

I'd owned a D810 a few years ago, sold it, always wished I hadn't, so I bought another one.

I'm strolling around in bright daylight, shooting on M, when I descended into the local bus/light rail/Amtrak station. When I reached the bottom of the escalator I took a pic straight ahead, forgetting to adjust my settings and...

I knew the resulting image would be black and sure enough, it was

Not to worry, though, I took the same exposure into Lightroom and brought it up all up, wondering how much detail I could wrangle from such an unexposed shot

And...

My plan down there was to see how my Sigma 24-70 OS would play with the D810 as I was going to keep the ISO low but lower the shutter speed as well to get a decent exposure.  So further into the facility I was shooting as low as 1/10 second and I did get some keepers shooting that slow handheld...but the results of that are another thread

I didn't work that long on this shot, just curiosity is all. Probably doesn't prove much if anything but, yeah, as Scotty on Star Trek might have said "There be details, Captain"

Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow