Raw that got away.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AlmostDoctor Contributing Member • Posts: 773
Raw that got away.

Do you have photos you really like, but you somehow lost the raws and really regret it?

Sooc jpeg, touched up in snapseed.

When I first got my GM1, I went for a walk to test it out and took this shot. I like the image a lot. The more I see, the more I realized that the symmetry, the shadows, the bridge, the dogs, all came together to create a visual story of yin and yang.

Unfortunately, by the time I realized how much I liked this image, it was too late. I never transferred any of the raws to my pc and I had already formatted my SD card, overwriting it with a new batch of images. The only file I have of this image is the jpeg I had transferred to my phone. I tried recovering the raw files from the SD card but it was not possible. I really wish I had the raw so I could clean it up better.

Anyone else have similar stories of accidentally deleting raws of your favorite shots?

AlmostDoctor's gear list:AlmostDoctor's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus E-M5 III Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II +5 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow