Sadly, It Happened Again

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
rich_cx139 Senior Member • Posts: 1,635
Re: Sadly, It Happened Again

SW Anderson wrote:

rich_cx139 wrote:

sorry to hear that

maybe time for the z50 as you suggest. At least no hassle.

At about $1,000 new with kit zoom, one would hope no hassle. I wonder if any person or outfit has done a teardown examination of the Z50 or any of Nikon's Z cameras. It would be reassuring to know there aren't any nasty future surprises under the hood.

Roger has done a teardown of the Z7 - he was very impressed:  lens rentals Z7 teardown

I don't like to sound so negative, but once burned twice shy. I have an elderly Oly E-PL1 and a time-tested Panasonic G3. Both cameras and their lenses work as well as when new.

You might try MYDC.com and ask for a quote ? He has sourced some metal gears for the aperture mechanism.

I think I may leave my 30-110’s and 10-30 non pd on one side and just use my repaired 10-100 now.

richard

I have a couple of V!'s and J1's and a V2, plus several lenses. I've avoided using them in part because I don't want to discover another lens has gone bad or a body has problems. Those are the only cameras I feel that way about. Maybe Nikon's latest models will be paragons of reliability and durability. I hope so for all the people putting their money and faith in them. The new ones have great ergonomics and IQ, though. And, they're very good looking.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow