1DXMKIV | R1 - The best of both worlds

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tvstaff
tvstaff Senior Member • Posts: 2,716
1DXMKIV | R1 - The best of both worlds

So many who shoot pro sports, enjoy an OVF for numerous reasons.

Taking the negative inherent mechanical issues of a mirror box out of the mix is met with warm reception.I won't list everything.... please!!

Why can't the next Canon Flagship in the $7K to $10K price range combine the best of the MKIII and the R5?

45MP at 20fps is apparently achievable and currently in the R5 but for many of us 45MP at just 15fps RAW would be optimal

With a "Mirror Up" approach, to the sensor, could you not still have 100% OVF with no lag or loss of view even while shooting? Could the two systems not be combined?

With regard to video. I know there are many more "heat" issues that do not come into play with stills, Perhaps this hybrid, could purposely, keep video resolution lower.

a Canon XF705 4K 1" Sensor XF-HEVC H.265 Pro Camcorder would serve video needs much better.

Could Canon not make this new camera "A Photographers" camera and leave the "Pro" levels of Video out?

The Canon XF705 4K 1" Sensor XF-HEVC H.265 Pro Camcorder, or any C300. C500 or C700 might be better for video???

No doubt, myself and others would be willing to transition as Canon's largest legacy client base of extensive inventory, to be monetized. .   How many billions of dollars would this be?  This could be substantial revenue for Canon.

tvstaff's gear list:tvstaff's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM +24 more
Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS-1D X Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow