Got my R6, disappointed with AF performance on EF Sigma 150-600mm lens for bird photography

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Architeuthis Regular Member • Posts: 345
Re: Got my R6, disappointed with AF performance on EF Sigma 150-600mm lens for bird photography

ajamils1 wrote:

The biggest issue with 100-500 L is not the aperture or funky TC design but it is the price. If it was prices similar to Sony 200-600 (which has an amazing smooth internal zoom), most of the shot comings could have been overlooked. I would have personally picked one up as well, if it was priced under $2k but at current asking price, it is a big pass from me.

OP, have you looked at Sigma 60-600 Sports? It's newer lens and I personally find is sharper than the SIgma/Tamron 150-600 that I had used in the past.

What about the Sigma 150-600 Sports? I read in reviews that it is sharper compared to the Contemporary version and AF works better, although it is heavy...

(For me personally, the 60-150mm range is not very tempting on a super-tele lens and the reviews say the 60mm range is quite bad on the Sigma 60-600).

Wolfgang

Architeuthis's gear list:Architeuthis's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow