Orion Nebula M42 with P950

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OutsideTheMatrix
OutsideTheMatrix Veteran Member • Posts: 7,850
Re: Orion Nebula M42 with P950

Aisse Gaertner wrote:

alandalsong wrote:

it must be very difficult to adjust your angle, blindly, to position the Nebula in your composition.

From one of your photos, you seem to have a very interesting (maybe unconventional) set-up to allow you make very fine actuation. Could you please share with us?

I have already assumed that your tracker was not part of the above actuation once it had been calibrated.

Thanks!

It’s a Celestron setup. I just did take off the telescope. It’s not automatic and a little outdated in comparison with newer trackers. Combining this with the difficulty of alignment to the South Pole.. the result was not so precise

celeston se mount?  I have that!

one thing I cant figure out though, the image was taken at 2000mm efl....and I have read that M42 fills the frame at 1200mm efl.....

can you also try M31 the andromeda galaxy too?  it is supposed to fill the frame at 600mm efl but I have seen images that do not fill it even at 1200mm efl....I wonder how that is?

-- hide signature --

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1961

OutsideTheMatrix's gear list:OutsideTheMatrix's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900 Olympus PEN E-PL6 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow