Return/Keep/Sell on used Nikon D300?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jon_1997 New Member • Posts: 1
Return/Keep/Sell on used Nikon D300?

I recently purchased a used Nikon D300 from Ebay (admittedly it was a slight accident but i'll live) and it arrived today. Up until this point i've only used the cheaper "beginners" DSLRs and thought I might benefit from some of the extra features the D300 provides

I was very pleased with the overall condition of the thing (seemed to be 99% pristine) but when I checked the shutter count, it was a lotmore than i expected given the condition (a little over 120k  ) Given the exceptional condition of the thing, is there any chance this would somehow be a mistake/the shutter was replaced/the whole thing was refurbished?

Clearly I'm a little worried about this as I feel this could hurt its resale value (or even the ability to resell it) or it might break a lot sooner than I might've expected.

1) Would there be any way I could check if anything was broken/close to breaking?
2) Might it be worth returning it and looking for another copy with a lower shutter count? I kind of don't want to this as it seems like a lot of hassle for the seller just to end up back at square 1 for him.

3) Would anyone in their right mind (aside from me ofc) actually buy anything with a shutter count this high (asking as I would hope to resell if I kept it for a while)?

If anyone would provide some guidance regarding this, it would be much appreciated. 

Jon_1997's gear list:Jon_1997's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D3300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM
Nikon D300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow