Check your editor performance settings

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dick Barbour
Dick Barbour Senior Member • Posts: 1,123
Check your editor performance settings

This is mainly in reference to Photoshop but could conceivably apply to other photo editors.

I added a new external SSD drive and went into PS Preferences to change my file handling settings. Right away I noticed that the no. 1 priority for scratch disks was my tiny backup partition! How long this had been that way and how it got set I don't have a clue, but have been noticing PS running slow a lot of times. So I fixed that issue and checked the other settings. I also found in the Color settings that my working space was set to sRGB instead of ProPhoto RGB that I normally use. These things must get changed during updates, otherwise I don't know how they would be. So I've got to remind myself to check these every once in awhile, especially after updates.

Dick

Dick Barbour's gear list:Dick Barbour's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-S5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS +6 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow