Got my Viltrox NF-M1 - impressed!

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
JurassicPizza
OP JurassicPizza Contributing Member • Posts: 813
Re: Mixed experience with it...

StefanSC wrote:

With the 300mm f4D AF-S, the AF is also 50/50 at best and it actually gets to about 75% OOF shots when the battery drops to under 50%.

And the worst part of it is that some of the OOF shots are barely out of focus, so you can't notice it in the EVF and adjust for it.

On the upside, the AF speed is comparable to the 300mm + TC14 II on a D500, the image quality is actually better at f5.6 than with the 300mm + TC14II at f5.6 and even at f8.

Oh, yeah, and if I try to mount the TC14II on the NF-M1, it just shows f1.0 1/10000s and black EVF.

For me, both the Nikon 1.4 TC II and Olympus 1.4 TC work, although the minimum aperture is reported as f/2.8 with the Nikon and f/4 with the Olympus, and aperture control might not be working at all.  At first blush the Olympus TC combo seems better, but I'll definitely need to spend more time with it.

I've had my share of autofocus issues with Nikon cameras too, especially D7000 and D800E.

Some in the field shots with the G9, NF-M1 and Nikon 300mm f4D AF-S:

Very nice!

-- hide signature --
 JurassicPizza's gear list:JurassicPizza's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Olympus Tough TG-4 Nikon D800E Nikon 1 V2 Olympus E-M5 II +20 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow