Help with Mac OS mail issue

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP CMCM Senior Member • Posts: 5,908
Re: Help with Mac OS mail issue

P Harg wrote:

Just some thoughts:

* Is you email Pop rather than IMAP. If IMAP you don't need to do anything apart from set up the new Mail app with the relevant account.

* If not currently IMAP why not create one, e.g. GMAIL, and set it up on your old computer. Then drag the folder you want copied to the new email account using the Mail app.Tthen set that GMAIL account up on the new computer and your messages will appear.

* If you know how to copy all the emails over from machine to the other (as you say in your post), just do that and delete the folders on the new computer you don't want.

This folder is for my Ancestry research, and is mostly IMAP emails.

I'm wondering if there is a difference between exporting the folder and just dragging the folder to an external drive.

I've noticed that by creating the folders and dragging an email into it, it appears to be "safe" from deletion as would happen in the regular inbox.

On my new computer, I don't really use my email much (yet), but emails flow into it same as on the older one that I mostly use for email.

As I said, what I'd like to do is just copy over that folder with all its contents to the second computer, leave them in both places.

CMCM's gear list:CMCM's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Nikon D500 Canon G7 X II Nikon Coolpix P950 Nikon D700 +17 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow