Amateur/Casual Image for visual calibration

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AnthonyL Veteran Member • Posts: 3,425
Amateur/Casual Image for visual calibration

Let me start off with saying that I am not after any complex and thorough solution.

I use a fairly basic laptop and have a fairly cheap, Epson XP-6005 printer with 3rd party inks which last about 6 months to a year and supermarket brand photo paper, so there is the level I'm looking at.

I can set up my printer with various adjustments and in doing some printing today I had some quite acceptable prints by various tweaks of brightness and colour wheel (if that's the right term), so move up towards the Yellow to reduce the Blue tinge the combination gives me.

What I would like is a suitable and free colour image that I can try and best match when setting up my "calibration".  What I have done thus far is satisfactory for my wife who has hung the pictures up in the house but I know I'll have to do some trial and error when I end up with my next set of budget inks and paper and I'd like to minimise that.

Just a point but I was not overly happy with the original Epson inks + paper but that could all be user error.

Is there any such image available that is worthwhile?

AnthonyL's gear list:AnthonyL's gear list
Canon EOS 700D Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM +5 more
ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow