Leica Eye
Leica Eye Senior Member • Posts: 2,877
Re: Wifi on 5dmkIV totally unstable - assistance needed

mmarian wrote:

Leica Eye wrote:

mmarian wrote:

Leica Eye wrote:

mmarian wrote:

I find the implementation of WiFi on this camera cumbersome and confusing. I only use it for connecting to my smartphone for remote control but to set it up first time is a headache and then to try to use it when really needed on location can be a frustrating experience. The steps must be taken in a specific order and even then the ability of the Canon App to establish connection with the camera is unreliable. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. Not sure if the camera WiFi has anything to do with it or if it is the Canon App itself...

The Leica FOTOS app was as clunky as hell & very intermittent, as I have said before, Delete the App, reboot and ReInstall.. Reset Camera.. These actions cured both my Leica D-Lux 7 and Canon 90D with their WiFi connection issues... L

I have done all of that but it does not seem to make the system 100% reliable. I do not use it often, only when shooting in very tight spaces, such as interior shots of a small bathroom with mirrors and I have nowhere to hide I use the remote control to set up the angle of the shot with camera on tripod so close in the corner that I can not see the camera display in LV. Then step out from the room and trigger the shutter remotely using the App. That is about all when I need it. But to see my client standing right next to me watching me struggling with the system can be embarasing and frustrating.

I feel your pain, how did you manage before these connecting apps? Maybe look for a different marque of camera! L

Good question. I was trying to squat under the tripod or hide the best I could to not be seen in the shot. Or painstakingly Photoshoped myself out from the image if nothing else worked. Sometimes I use the 10sec selftimer on my camera if I can not make the App to connect. The WiFi remote control camera App is a blessing for such situations, if and when it works of course 😀

Going deeper- could it be that your phone and camera are incompatible- maybe check the camera/app with a different phone - and then vice versa - are you sure your camera WiFi is working 100%? - L

-- hide signature --

Being Disabled, Photography is my way of telling the World "I Am Alive" ..

Leica Eye's gear list:Leica Eye's gear list
Leica V-Lux 40 Leica D-Lux 7 Nikon D3100 Canon EOS 5DS Canon EOS 90D +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow