Flickr

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Aaron801 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,779
Re: Flickr

OldSchoolNewSchool wrote:

Joey LLN wrote:

One thing I don’t quite like about Flickr is their groups. They’re not functioning as intended. There are so many similarly-named groups (e.g. “Long Exposure” and “Long Exposures”), and most groups have become a photo dump, with no post in the discussion (often the latest post is from several years ago). Hope Flickr will revamp groups.

If Flickr revamped the groups by combining or eliminating groups, it would only make a bunch of members mad and leave Flickr, probably putting Flickr in financial peril they don't need.

It's up to the administrators and moderators to enforce group rules. If members don't like what a group has morphed into, they can always leave the group.

I agree with that. It's really kind of a "buyer beware" kind of thing where you need to check out the particular group you're considering and decide if it's worthy. I figure that the whole system they've got is really democratic, which I like. It's designed so anyone can start a group and if they can get members and keep it interesting they can grow it...

Personally, a lot of the groups that I'm in are ones that I've been invited to. If someone likes a photo of mine enough to want it in their group, I'll always join the group and typically if there are folks out there actively looking for photographers to be in said group than the thing is likely to be pretty active... not to mention being the type of spot that has some kindred souls as it's likely to have other members who are doing similar stuff as yourself...

-- hide signature --

my flickr:
www.flickr.com/photos/128435329@N08/

Aaron801's gear list:Aaron801's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow