Strange Lightroom Classic "performance issue"

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
vett93
vett93 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,030
Strange Lightroom Classic "performance issue"

For quite some time, I have been trying to improve the LR Classic performance (e.g., responsiveness to adjustments) after I upgraded to two 4K monitors. The symptom is sluggish response to adjustments and frequent multiple beach balls. It is bad to a stage that I don't use the 2nd monitor when I do photo editing. I have been using my Sony A9's RAW files that have 24MP images.

I thought my MP 6,1 with 10-cores and 64GB RAM was aging and needed upgrade. Then last night I saw FroKnowsPhoto's YouTube video and decided to download his A7R4's RAW files (61MP). To my big surprise, these 61MP RAW files work fine with my MP6,1! With two 4K monitors, it just works smoothly just like how I remembered.

How do I further debug my configuration? These A7R4 RAW files are in DNG format and my A7 RAW files are in ARW format. That is the only difference I can find.

-- hide signature --

"Keep calm and take photos"
Photography enthusiast, from 12mm to 600mm
Mac Pro 6,1 10-core/64GB RAM/2TB SSD/24" 27" 32" 43" monitors

vett93's gear list:vett93's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a7R III Sony a6500 Apple iPhone 11 Pro
Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow