Confused... recommendation highly appreciated!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Catscratch1 New Member • Posts: 9
Confused... recommendation highly appreciated!

I have lots of opportunities to photograph deer at distances between 50-175 meters.  First and last hours of the day.  I've been digiscoping with a cheap spotting scope and my Note 9.  Decent pics but I want much better.  Camera will basically be permanently mounted to a tripod.

Goals; Crisp pics that I can see details like hairs or eye lashes.  Spend up to $400, preferably less.

I was certain a FZ80 was in my future (long optical zoom), but the more I read the less certain I am.  The FZ300 has been mentioned as something that has less zoom but through better light gathering and sensor can be cropped for a better image than a 60x zoom FZ80.

I did a ton of research on which of these big zoom cameras I wanted.  Now I don't know if those are even the best option.  I'm frustrated and want camera advice.  With my goals and scenarios what cameras are good options.  I'll learn the equipment once I've got it, just want help with a good starting point.

Thanks!

Panasonic FZ80/FZ82 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8 Samsung Galaxy Note9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
YWG
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow