Snowy landscapes and trees

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jkjond
jkjond Forum Pro • Posts: 10,037
Snowy landscapes and trees

We woke up to the best covering of snow we've had in a few years, there was a chance of some but we didn't expect this much. Knowing it would soon be melting from the tree branches I was keen to get up onto the fell deciding to give the big camera equipment some exercise. With zero weddings for a year the old nikon's haven't seen much use.

I'd forgotten how much I hate carrying a set of lenses and tripod around having got used to my Olly with single do it all zoom and effective IS, but it is nice to slow things down and set up a tripod for each shot. 140 taken, a lot of crap but quite pleased with a handful.

Minimal processing on all these. WB was the main issue, I wasn't keen on the postcard blue cast favoured by my camera.

Spring Bank Farm. I've photographed it a few times from the other side, but the mist and snow opened up a new opportunity.

Though clear when I first looked out of our window, the mist was rising. Atmospheric by the time I reached the first trees.

The same group of trees. I've been photographing this group for years. They don't change much, but today were treated to some colour. Not that they notice.

When the sun broke through the mist I was tempted to call it a day and head for home. But using it to backlight some trees proved effective.

And a final shot looking back down to Spring Bank Farm, Morecambe Bay starting to appear in the background though it soon disappeared again.

-- hide signature --

Wedding and fine art photographer https://johnleechstudio.smugmug.com
You are welcome to reprocess and repost my pics on DPR.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow