Curious about why Mirrorless

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Lori2
Lori2 Forum Member • Posts: 52
Curious about why Mirrorless

When Mirrorless first came out, it sounded amazing because it would be so much smaller than full size DSLR's.  I  bought an M50 a couple of years ago, (and I admit, it's almost too tiny, but sure fun to carry around.)  I've always dreamed though of having full frame.  But I like the smaller form factor of apsc, so have never jumped to full frame.  But when the coming of mirrorless, and the Canon RP, I've finally decided to take the leap.

It's almost to big for me and most of the lenses are outside of my comfort zone.  And looking at the R5 and R6, those are getting back closer to the size of a DSLR.

So is there another draw to mirrorless?  It doesn't seem that much smaller in the end.

I'm planning on getting the RP, the kit lens and maybe the 50mm 1.8.  Hopefully find an adapter for the few full frame lenses I have.  That way, I'm still pretty small but have the ability to use other lenses as needed.

For example, hopefully someday I'll get to go to Israel again, and I ordered a used Tokina 16-28 2.8 for inside shots in tight spots.  The lens looks like a beast, but I'll leave it in the bus if there's no need for it.  But for portability and general use, use the 50.  Heck back in the 70's, all I had for my AE-1 was the 50, a 28, and 135 telephoto.  And was perfectly happy!

Lori

Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M) Canon EOS R5 Ricoh Caplio R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow