Downloading with Meike Grip on Sony A6500

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
José B
José B Forum Pro • Posts: 19,521
Re: Downloading with Meike Grip on Sony A6500

jimsfenc wrote:

Good day. I have recently purchased a Meike Battery Grip for my A6500 and I am quite pleases with it except for 1 thing. If I unplug the small cable from the usb port and connect to the computer I can't download the images. At the moment I am removing the grip, taking the sd card to a reader and then reversing the process. I am a bit wary of doing this regularly with a plastic grip because I think eventually something is going to go wrong. Is it just my setup or is this the normal thing. What is everyone else doing?

I have the Vello battery grip for my A6500 and I think it’s similar to your Meike. I do the same thing like you in removing the grip to take out the SD card. I don’t think there’s any other way to download the images. Maybe another person can enlighten us.

BTW, I like the battery grip from an ergonomic standpoint particularly in shooting portraits with heavy and big lenses. It’s just a hassle that it’s still somewhat dependent on the charge of the battery in the A6500.

José B's gear list:José B's gear list
Sony a6500 Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +13 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow