Is this a crazy idea? Putting K3 Inks in a 7890 (which uses HDR) with a Custom Profile

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Alexey Senior Member • Posts: 1,242
Re: Is this a crazy idea? Putting K3 Inks in a 7890 (which uses HDR) with a Custom Profile

I’ve been usung HDR inks in my K3 printer for a while. It works perfectly with no need for custom profiles. From all the sources I’ve seen HDR is exactly the same ink as K3, except with additional colors to give you better longevity and make you spend a bit more on wasted ink.

HDR inks have better fade performance. But this is not because of different chemistry. Rather HDR inkset printers use less of K3 yellow ink, which is the weakest link in K3 inkset.

I personally wouldn’t hesitate to use K3 inks in HDR printer and wouldn’t even bother with custom profiles.

HDX inks, on the other hand, are a different kind of ink than HDR. Don’t use that ink in K3 printers or vice versa without color profiling. HDR is K3 ink. HDX ink is HD ink.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow