d850 wr-t10 remote stopped working (r19 related?)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ColinWin New Member • Posts: 5
d850 wr-t10 remote stopped working (r19 related?)

I have used the Nikon wireless system on my d850 for many years--the three piece with the wr-t10. In the field recently it just stopped working.

The three pieces work together correctly except for firing the camera: when I press the release the LED indicates the signal is received (flashing red for half-press/solid red for full press). And the display on the camera replaces the exposure count with r19. So everything is seated properly, paired correctly, same channel, part communicating. What could be wrong?

Is the "r19" a clue that something else is wrong? I know it not an error code but an indication that 19 photos are in the cache -- but it has indicated r19 for days (so nothing should be in cache). When I use the on-camera shutter release, "r19" is also indicated but the camera does fire. Any ideas? Does the camera erroneously think photos are in the cache? and even so, why would this disable only the remote trigger?

Thinking something was buggy, I update firmware which did not help.

Thanks in advance!

Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow