viewing raw files

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Lori2
Lori2 Forum Member • Posts: 52
viewing raw files

This might be a question for another forum, but I'm a Canon girl, so I'm asking here.

I've taken jpg pics for most of life.  I was afraid of raw. ( still am a bit;-) )  But after a couple of once in a lifetime trips where my only photos of something had the exposure way off, I realized the benefit of  raw.  So for the last few years I've been shooting raw + jpg. Not ready to jump all in.

I'm still not very good at editing photos, and I only play around with a handful from each time I take a bunch of photos.   I use Canon's DPP because it's what I have and does what I need.

I'd like to get rid of jpg all together.  But what I typically do is transfer my photos to my computer, use a jpg viewer to look at them...I open them up in a viewer (I use Xee) I like to look at photos and hit the spacebar to advance through them. If I want to play with one, I'll open it up in DPP and see what I can do.  I'm still not very accomplished at editing.

So what do you all do to view your raw files?  I'm still using a Canon M50, planning on upgrading to a RP very soon, so I'm hanging out here in the R forum.  The thing I like about jpg is they open up quick for browsing through.

I guess what I'm asking is what do you do from taking the photo to editing them?

Lori

Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow