18-55mm....perhaps not so bad after all!

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
DAVID MANZE Veteran Member • Posts: 6,376
Re: 18-55mm....perhaps not so bad after all!

Dweeble wrote:

It's easy to be sniffy about the l'il thing, but I wanted a wide angle shot yesterday so popped it on...and do you know, it really sang! It was one of the first two lenses I got (on the back of the Rockwell review, and it being cheap and versatile)....and actually got some lovely images.....then started feeling it was a bit beneath my dignity and left it to gather dust.

But in truth it's quite loveable.

Who agrees?

I do !.......... I shoot mostly 600mm F4E which in itself is a enough of a burden without thinking of a medium quality zoom to carry with it ..........

It was shipping as a kit with the budget Nikon bodies ..... if the buyer chose another lens the 18-55mm was superfluous in it's white box ......

Small, collapsible, light, sharp and super fast focusing I cannot think of a better bargain general lens than this kit version  ...... I ordered grey market for 60 euros including postage ........... inc caps and hood .......

How can anyone have made on profit on it ??

-- hide signature --

Dave's clichés

DAVID MANZE's gear list:DAVID MANZE's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 28mm f/2.8D +17 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow