Got my R6, disappointed with AF performance on EF Sigma 150-600mm lens for bird photography

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ajamils1
ajamils1 Senior Member • Posts: 2,048
Re: Got my R6, disappointed with AF performance on EF Sigma 150-600mm lens for bird photography

ProDude wrote:

BirdShooter7 wrote:

Yep and that is exactly why the RF 100-500 L is so disappointing. It could have been so much better.

Well I guess there's always a 1st. You are the ONLY person I know that hasn't been over the mountain thrilled with their RF100-500. Hard to imagine but I guess it's possible. Not in my case that's for sure. It's an amazing lens in all regards and surgically sharp across the board. Can't ask much more then that. Instant to focus as well with that Nano USM motor. Not sure why you weren't impressed.

Add me to the list as well because I am disappointed with 100-500 as well. It has some major flaws and considering the price that Canon is asking for it, it is simply ridiculous.

Not only it is slow at the long end, you also lose the wide end if you use teleconverters. To make matters worse, it does not even retract completely.  This has to be the stupidest design of any modern telephoto lens that I've seen. Yes, it is small and light (comparatively) but at that asking price it should have been flawless.

ajamils1's gear list:ajamils1's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Sigma 135mm F1.8 Art Sigma 60-600mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow